lørdag 28. juli 2018

Memory Book made with (more or less) Minimal Supplies




This blog post is about a memory book I started making during our summer holiday in Namsos. In this post I will show how I made a fairly simple sort of travel journal about our stay here, using limited supplies.

Normally I´m the kind of paper crafter who likes to have a million things available when I craft. At home I have everything neatly organised in boxes which get moved around a lot, as our flat is too small for a craft room.








This year my son and I are spending the summer in exile at my mother's place in a different part of the country. I graduated from university this spring and haven't found a permanent job yet, so I took a part time job doing admin work for a small company in the town where my mother lives. It's nice for both of us to spend time with family. There's a lot to do and interesting places to go around here as well!





I didn't bring a lot of crafting supplies, just a paper trimmer, scoring board, some paper for letter writing and envelopes, washi tape, double sided tape, and markers. After a few days I started itching for a crafting project, so I decided to make a memory book with photos from our summer holiday.


















I bought a ruled notebook at a local book shop and printed some photos with a Canon Selphy printer. Most photos were taken with my iPhone. I used PhotoShop to put two photos together onto one postcard sized piece of paper.
















I started scrapbooking a couple of years ago, when my son was a baby. We had so many photos, and I thought it would be a good idea to put them into a nice album, like my mother used to do when my siblings and I were growing up. We had a lot of fun over the years going through those albums! My son is now almost 3 years old and has recently started to enjoy the memory books I've made.















The paper I´ve used as a background for these pages is from a gift paper booklet called "Art Nouveau" from Pepin Press, and 6x6" paper pads called "Good Day Sunshine" from Echo Park and "Cue the Confetti" from Reverse Confetti.

Entering the July challenge at Scrappelyst - Alt er lov/Anything goes and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes. 

Have a nice day!
Lillian :)

2 kommentarer:

  1. Kjempeflott reisedagbok!
    Tusen takk for at du deltar hos Scrappelyst :-)

    SvarSlett
  2. Så flott reisedagbok! flott måte å bevare minnene på.

    Tusen takk for at du deltar i utfordringen vår hos Scrappelyst!

    DT Linda

    SvarSlett