onsdag 4. juli 2018

Fun Summer Tags




Hello! This is my first blog post in a long time. I have been busy finishing my Master's thesis lately, so I have mostly just made some quick Instagram posts of the stuff I've been making in between. Anyway, some of you like to see how my paper projects are made, so here I'll explain how to make colourful tags.















Making tags is a nice way use paper scraps. Here I've used Neenah cardstock, which is great for solid stamps and ink blending. It's not meant for watercolours, but a little touch around the edges works fine.
















First I die cut the tags and stamped the ocean. I've used the layering stamp from Hero Arts' June 2018 Monthly Hero Kit, but you can use any other ocean stamp, or a stencil.

Then I stamped the animals in black Versafine pigment ink. I chose bold contrast colours for the sky, and blended them onto the tag with a sponge.

The edges got a coat of Finetec gold watercolour paint, to give them a more elegant look.











I stamped the sentiment on black cardstock scraps in Versamark ink and embossed with white powder from Hero Arts. The pieces were adhered to the tags with foam tape.  

















In the end I fixed the stamped images with a white gel pen and a black fineliner, as I didn't mask them off before adding the colours.

I tied some jute string to the tags for a more summery look.


Stamps: Ocean, palm tree, mermaid, sail boat, dolphin, foot prints and sentiments - Hero Arts (My Monthly Hero Kit June 2018), Animals - Cats on Appletrees

Die: Dress Up Tag - Simon Says Stamp








That's all! Easy-peasy. The final touch takes a little bit of time, but otherwise this is a painless way to make cards.

Thanks for stopping by!
Lillian :)














1 kommentar:

  1. Denne kommentaren har blitt fjernet av en bloggadministrator.

    SvarSlett