onsdag 17. oktober 2018

Cool Copic Marker Backgrounds


BC9DA195-7FCD-4AE7-AB8D-0FCA2D2888E0


I tend to buy loads of crafting supplies when I travel. After a couple of days away from home I start itching for a crafting project, but far away from home with no chances for crafting, and plenty of opportunities for shopping, I get all sorts of great ideas for what I'm going to make of this new stuff when I get home. Alas, when we get back to all the everyday fuss at home the days never have enough hours. Some ideas I never even get around to try. Sigh...






Anyway, this holiday I decided to get some Copic markers. I've been considering over the past couple of years, so it wasn't really an impulse buy. I came across a great offer and went for the cheaper type, the Ciao markers, as I had been told that the quality is equal to the more expensive Sketch markers, the Ciaos are just a tiny bit smaller and don't have the fancy caps.

I bought three sets of 36 markers, so 108 markers in total. That's a good start! I made sure to get some light blues and most of the blue violet colours, as they are frequently used in some classes I want to take.






I've been a big fan of Sandy Allnock for a couple of years now. She is a brilliant artist and I really like the way she explains different techniques and other art stuff, in a comfortable voice, and her funny remarks often make me giggle! The best thing about her educational videos is that you don't have to be a talented artist to learn how to create the loveliest scenes. Myself I'm more of a paper crafter than fine artist, I enjoy making cards but I can't really draw. Still the explanations in these videos give me the advice I need to get started. The results after the first two classes are not too bad and I feel motivated to keep practicing! There will definitely be some wintry scenes on my Christmas cards this year.

These days Sandy Allnock is offering a discount on her website for art classes: www.art-classes.com.  I grabbed this opportunity and signed up for several Copic classes in one go. I've enjoyed her YouTube videos in the past, so I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. And I wasn't.

If this makes you feel tempted to check out the courses for yourself, here's the link.


Stamps: All stamps used for these two projects are from the Italian company Impronte d'Autore Stamps.


Thanks for stopping by. Have a nice day!
Lillian :)

8 kommentarer:

  1. Wow, your creations are beautiful! Seeing them makes me want to take some of Sandy's Copic background classes even more now...

    SvarSlett
  2. Your backgrounds are wonderful! Love Sandy's videos! I am currently taking the Autumn Scenes class.

    SvarSlett
  3. You are off to a great start! Good luck with the drawing

    SvarSlett
  4. These cards are great! Those stamps are SOOO cute! What stamp company are they from? Either way, you did a great job with the backgrounds - autumn scenes for the bats and winter scenes for the owls?

    SvarSlett
  5. Awesome art, can't wait to start the classes

    SvarSlett
  6. Hi Lillian, OMG, how cute cards... love them... perfect... You are a student too in this big world... I saw also button from bastel-traum on your blog... THANKS for playing with us :) Can wait to see more beautiful cards in future :) Hugs Ute

    SvarSlett
  7. These are fabulous! I'd love to take this class next!

    SvarSlett
  8. Fabulous backgrounds for your scenes!

    SvarSlett